HTC Plans to Defend Itself Against Apple
- 5 Comment
HTC, the company that Apple is suing over twenty alleged patent infringements, has said in a press release that it does not agree with Apple’s move to file the lawsuit and intends to defend itself.
HTC does not only say that it is innovative—it has a timeline that demonstrates this claim. Here’s a quick list of the company’s firsts regarding smartphones and PDAs:
- First Windows PDA (1998)
- First Windows Phone (June 2002)
- First 3G CDMA EVDO smartphone (October 2005)
- First gesture-based smartphone (June 2007)
- First Google Android smartphone (October 2008)
- First 4G WIMAX smartphone (November 2008)
Some of these occurred long before the iPhone was even out. Unfortunately for HTC, lawsuits can drag out for a long time, which could cause the company financial strain (Apple is so powerful that it probably would not be affected at all). I’m no lawyer, but Apple may be quite off the mark with its lawsuit against this company.
Via ZDNet, image via ZDNet.