Dell boasts that the M11x gaming netbook is the “world’s most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop” and they’re now competing against themselves to create an even better netbook.
The new M11x gaming netbooks will have the same graphics cards (Nvidia GeForce GT 335M) as before, as well as feature new Intel Core i5-520UM and Intel Core i7- processors. Of course, the options now are also more expensive — $949 for the i5 model and $1,099 for the i7 model (versus $799 and $899 for their predecessors).
Both netbooks will feature TurboBoost technology, as well as an integrated Intel HD Graphics Media Accelerator. The M11x netbook definitely is a heavyweight performer in its 4.4 pound weight class and doesn’t totally break the bank. If you’re interested in gaming and on the market for a netbook, get out there and check it out!
Alienware offers one of the best gaming laptops out there, but ‘one of the best’ doesn’t seem to be good enough anymore. It’s now testing out the possibility of a lighter and more portable laptop, which might be considered to be setting a foot in the netbook bandwagon. The result is the M15X, which harbors a 15-inch screen with a lighter magnesium casing.
- Extremely customizable
- Weighing in at 9.2 lbs, it’s lighter than the M17X
- 9-cell battery option
- Starting price of $1499
- Lower heat and noise emissions than predecessors
- Intel Core i7 processor
- Only contains one video card, so it cannot deal with SLI graphics
- Smaller 15 inch display may cause some gaming inconveniences
- Keyboard doesn’t contain a number pad
- Not as powerful as the M17X
- Offers less options than previous laptops
Image Via Geek.