If you’re like most mobile internet users, you’re probably in the market for a brand new lightweight and versitile netbook. Well, you’re in luck: today is arguably the best day to make some legendary Black Friday deals, and bring home with you a brand new spanking netbook. We’ve done the searching for you and have compiled an excellent list of netbook deals that are priced below the 200$ pricetag.
If you take a trip to Best Buy, you’ll notice they’re offering a $197 Hewlett-Packard laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with a 15.6-inch screen and an Intel Celeron processor. Other specs include 2GB of RAM (expandable to 4GB), 160GB hard drive, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Because this is an in-store only special item, you’ll have to line up early.
Everyone’s friendly Wal-Mart Supercenter is offering an eMachine running Windows 7 Home Premium for $198. This computer also features a 15.6-inch screen, 2GB of RAM, and a 160GB hard drive.
Office Depot’s are showing an ad @tgiBlackFriday.com offering an Acer Netbook with a 10.1 inch screen as well as an Intel Atom N270 processor priced at a very wallet-friendly 199.99.
If Dell netbooks are your thing, you can find a $199 Inspiron Mini 9. The mini sports a 8.9-inch screen, 1 GB RAM, an Intel Atom N270 processor, and a 4GB solid-state drive. While it only offers a 0.3 megapixel webcam, they’ll allow you to upgrade to a 1.3 megapixel for a mere $10!
Even though netbook prices are dropping, options under $200 can still be rather limited. If you’re okay with Ubuntu rather than Windows though, check this out. Dell’s selling the Vostro A90 netbook for $184.
The 8.9″ Vostro netbook is equipped with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, 1 GB of DDR2 RAM, and an 8 GB solid state hard drive. Other tech specs include 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, a 35WHr 4-cell battery, and Ubuntu 8.04.
If the Vostro’s 8 GB hard drive is a bit small for your taste, you can upgrade to 16 GB for $50 more. On the other hand, if you’re a fan of Windows, you could always install it yourself with the help of a USB drive.
We’ve got the latest on Best Buy’s deals for Black Friday 2009. Best Buy loves to offer slashed prices on computers, and netbooks are the big thing this year, so as expected we’ll be seeing a host of great new netbook deals on store shelves on the 27th.
Their 12-page Black Friday ad reveals crucial details about the plan for this Friday. Best Buy will open its doors at 5:00 AM, passing out tickets for their specials at 3:00 AM. Certain deals, like the $197 HP Laptop with an Intel Celeron CPU, are only available in-store. Others are available online as early as Thanksgiving Day.
With no further ado, take a look at Best Buy’s Black Friday netbook and laptop deals:
- Compaq Netbook w/Intel Atom Processor, 1GB Memory, 160GB Hard Drive – $179.99
- Compaq Netbook w/Intel Atom Processor, 1GB Memory, 250GB Hard Drive – $229.99
- eMachines Desktop w/AMD Athlon Processor, 3GB RAM, 320GB HD, Windows 7, w/18.5″ LCD Monitor and HP Deskjet Printer – $299.97
- Dell 10.1″ Netbook w/Intel Atom Processor, 1GB Memory, 160GB Hard Drive – $379.99
- Sony 15″ Laptop w/Intel Dual Core Processor, 4GB Memory, 320GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 – $399.99
- Toshiba 16″ Laptop w/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 3GB DDR3 Memory, 250GB Hard Drive (Model # L505-S5984) – $399.99
- Sony 15″ Laptop w/Intel Dual Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, Windows 7, Sony Headphones, Built-In Blu-ray, Blu-ray Movie – $479.97
- Toshiba 16″ Laptop w/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB DDR3 Memory, 320GB Hard Drive (Model # L505-S5984) w/Printer and Case – $499.97
- HP Desktop AMD X4 Quad Core, 8GB Mem, 1TB Hard Drive, 20″ Monitor, HP Deskjet DJ350 Color Printer, Windows 7 Home Prem – $499.97
- HP 15.6″ Notebook w/AMD Turion II Dual Core Processor M500, 6GB Memory, 320GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 – $599.99
- HP 15.6″ Notebook w/AMD Turion II Dual Core Processor M500, 8GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 – $699.99
- Macbook 13.3″ Notebook w/2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 250GB Hard Drive, w/$150 Gift Card – $999.99
Black Friday is less than a week away and we’re here to bring you yet another spectacular netbook deal.
The ASUS Eee PC 1005HA (one of the top-selling netbooks on Amazon) is going to be available for a mere $199.97 at Hhgregg – discounted $100 from the regular price of $299.99!
The 10.1″ ASUS Eee PC 1005HA netbook will be equipped with an Intel Atom N270 processor, an Intel 945GSE graphics chipset, and 1 GB of RAM. Other tech specs include multi-touch, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, 3 USB ports, and a 0.3 megapixel webcam. Note that since it’s a netbook, no CD/DVD drive is included, but tackling basic computing tasks should be easy as pie.
There’s a limit of 10 netbooks per store on Black Friday and they’ll be available on Friday and Saturday – at least while supplies last.
Target is announcing a new Sunday-to-Wednesday run of pre-Black Friday deals that we thought you’d like to hear about. The price cuts aren’t godly, but definitely worth a look if you’re on the market and don’t want to deal with Black Friday crowds.
Most of the good ones are on TVs. You can get a 32-inch LCD TV for $398, 50-inch plasma for $698 or a 42-inch 1080p LCD TV for $597.
Other deals include a $20 gift card with the purchase of a Wii, dual-screen portable DVD player for $119, and a 10.1-inch Acer Aspire One netbook for a mere $199.
You should be seeing these deals in your Sunday paper, or alternatively at Target.com in the near future.
As Black Friday approaches more ads are starting to leak out over the internet. Here are some examples of Best Buy’s Black Friday deals on netbooks, laptops, and desktops:
- Compaq: Intel Atom processor, 1 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive – $179.99
- Compaq: Intel Atom Processor, 1 GB of RAM, 250 GB hard drive – $229.99
- Dell: 10.1″ screen display, Intel Atom processor, 1 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive – $379.99
- Apple: Macbook with 13.3″ screen display, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB hard drive plus a $150 gift card – $999.99
- eMachines: AMD Athlon processor, 3 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive, Windows 7 plus 18.5″ LCD monitor and HP Deskjet printer – $299.97
If you’re interested in these deals and more, Best Buy will be opening at 5:00 a.m. on Black Friday and will start passing out tickets for their doorbuster specials starting at 3:00 a.m. that same morning. The store has had some early Black Friday specials, including an Acer laptop for $249 that sold out within minutes of its debut.
Best Buy also has a Black Friday VIP contest that will award 25 lucky winners a $1,000 Best Buy gift card, so be sure to keep your eye out for that as well.
Image via InsideSoCal.
Computing technology is generally on people’s holiday shopping list in some form or other, and even though the economy may not be so great this year, the situation is no different. That’s why we’re giving you a sneak peak of some of the the offers that Office Depot are promoting for Black Friday. Office Depot will open at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, November 27th, and deals on netbooks, laptops and desktops start as low as $229. Take a look.
- Acer: 10.1″ screen display with 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor – $199.99
- HP: G60-508US with Intel Celeron 900 processor – $299.99
- Acer: Aspire, 15.6″ widescreen display with AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core L310processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive – $379.99
- HP: G71-343US with Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6600 – $449.99
- Toshiba: 15.6″ widescreen display with AMD Turion II Dual-Core processor M500, 3GB RAM, 320GB hard drive – $469.99
- Toshiba: 17″ screen display with AMD Turion II M500, 3GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive – $499.99
- Compaq: CQ4010F with AMD Sempron LE-1300 Processor, 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive- $229.99
- Compaq: Presario AMD LE-1300 with 18.5″ Monitor – $329.99
- HP: Pavillion Slimline s5220f with Intel Pentium processor E5300, 4GB RAM, 640GB hard drive – $369.99
There’s also a rumor that there will be a two page bonus ad in the Office Depot’s Black Friday ad, so be sure to be on the lookout for that!
Image via Blogspot.
Black Friday is expected to bring a slew of supremely cheap netbook deals to the forefront of many retail windows. The latest example of that trend is Delstar’s DS 700 netbook, selling for $120 on KMart after Thanksgiving this year.
The machine is made by Chinese developer Delstar and comes with a 7-inch screen, Windows CE, and an ARM CPU. Windows CE is an unpopular choice for netbooks but in this case it’s keeping prices unbelievably low.
The Delstar DS 700 netbook is a bit underpowered but comes with Internet Explorer, a PDF viewer, and support for Microsoft Office files. This could mean the Microsoft Office Mobile package or something similar, considering that Delstar has mentioned a “document creator,” “spreadsheet creator,” “presentation creator,” and “media player”.
Here are the specs from WindowsforDevices:
- Processor — 400MHz Samsung SoC
- Memory — 128MB of RAM and 2GB of flash storage
- Display — Seven-inch screen with 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- Expansion — SD slot
- LAN — 10/100 Ethernet
- WLAN — 802.11b/g
- 3 x USB 2.0
- Microphone jack
- Headphone jack
- Battery — Three-cell, lasts for three hours
- Dimensions — 9.75 x 6.5 x 2 inches
- Weight, including battery — under 2 pounds
It’s November, ladies and gentlemen, and you know what that means: it’s time to count down to Black Friday!
Huliq recently included netbooks on its list of what it expects to be the most popular items this Black Friday, and has uncovered some interesting hints about what we could expect this shopping season.
Word has it that a 9″ Linux netbook will be available for an insane $129 this year. This sounds like it could come in the form of a refurbished Dell Mini 9 or Eee PC 900 series netbook, depending on who’s doing the selling.
Another popular offering could be the 15.4″ Compaq CQ-139WM, which isn’t a netbook but runs a 160 GB HDD and 2 GB of RAM for only $298.